Procrastinators, be aware: Start now on your DIY presents to save money and prevent stress afterwards. Although the holidays might seem ages away, we all know they have a tendency to sneak up and surprise us. So begin planning today! Research your crafty side and also make one of those gorgeous gifts for your loved ones in your life.
See more DIY projects
Erin Lang Norris
1. Scrap wood seat. A piece of handmade furniture out of a loved one will be treasured forever. Make this personalized seat (using a surprise secret compartment) for somebody truly special in your life — and also eliminate any scrap wood you have in the procedure. Give yourself a few weeks for this DIY; it could take some time to gather all your materials and get the dimensions right.
See how to make a scrap wood seat
2. Mobile container garden. Branch outside beyond the standard potted plant and make a container garden for the urban gardener in your life. It should not require more than an afternoon to complete, but find or you’re going to want to purchase your materials at least a week.
See how to make a mobile container garden
R. Olson Design
3. Cutting board. Another great method to utilize scrap wood, this sturdy cutting board produces a lovely and thoughtful gift for anybody who loves to cook (or eat). Do not have some scrap wood available? No problem — check out the regional lumber yard, purchase a couple feet of favorite lumber and have it hammered it to dimension. Beginning woodworkers will need a couple of days to pull this project together.
See how to create a custom cutting board
4. Vintage suitcase dog bed. Though this could technically be a present for a dog or cat, any pet owner will appreciate this bed’s cute design. Scrounge thrift shops for a hard-top vintage suitcase in a good colour and fill it with a fun cushion for a friend’s beloved pet. Although it might take time to discover the ideal suitcase (do not forget to look online also), this project should take less than a day to complete.
See how to build this dog bed
Erin Lang Norris
5. Side table with a spin. This table assists the friend who loves to couch do it easier. While this slick and easy side table will enhance any decor, it is also built to slide right over the arm of a couch — creating drinking, eating and working on the couch that a lot easier. Give yourself a few days to put this together — you’ll need to be sure to get the measurements just perfect.
See how to make this side table
Do you make your own presents? Share your favorite idea in the Comments!